2023 SAM Scholarship Application is Now Open!
For many years, the Stewardship Association of Municipalities (SAM) has been involved in invaluable conservation projects in every corner of Newfoundland and Labrador. The SAM Conservation Fund is one mechanism that allows SAM to contribute to the conservation of Newfoundland and Labrador’s environment for future generations. Over time, the Conservation Fund will allow SAM to establish an endowment fund, whose long-term vision is to grant annual realized equity to eligible applicants who are seeking to undertake wildlife habitat restoration, enhancement and stewardship projects in this province.
The SAM Environmental Stewardship Award (including the SAM Scholarship) is used to recognize an individual, group, organization or business who has gone above and beyond in their community to support wildlife habitat stewardship, whose responsible management of wildlife habitat and the environment within Newfoundland and Labrador exceeds expectations. The first SAM Scholarship was awarded in 2015, and since then SAM has annually awarded a $1000 scholarship. This scholarship is given to a student either from or studying in Newfoundland and Labrador whose interests, activities and post-secondary goals are focused on the conservation of habitat in this province.
To be eligible for the SAM Student Scholarship:
- Applicant must be a resident of or must be studying in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Is (or will be) enrolled in a post-secondary program in the upcoming academic year;
- Have demonstrated an active commitment to conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The application for the 2023 scholarship is now available on our website, to apply:
- Download and fill out the application form found on our website here;
- Include a copy of your most recent resume/C.V.;
- Include a copy of your most recent school transcripts (unofficial is fine);
- Email the completed application form, along with your resume/C.V. AND transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the 2023 scholarship applications
is May 1st, 2023
Please forward the application to any interested parties within
your school, organization, group, or community.